Thanks all. a few points more and an offer...

I may not ever need the cord either, but I'm a big fan of multiple options...especially when batteries may dwindle.

now that I've had time to play with it...I can definately see that I'm going to have to get used to a small dial for tuning again!

BTW, on a design flaw issue...mine came with a case. You slide the radio down into the case (in the position in which it sits). However, the power off setting is at the bottom position on the sliding switch. It should really be at the top so that when you're putting away the radio it will not accidently turn on. Fix that, and get rid of the HUGE band dial in favor of a smaller click-swith and you'd be set.

BTW, an offer: The radio came with a vinyl case and carrying strap. The closure on the case has magnetic snaps. I don't care for them...especially when I'm not sure whether it will be next to something harmed by magnets. So... I'm willing to give the case to anyone who needs or wants it. If I get one offer, it is yours. If I get more than one, I'll figure out an objective number-picking scheme or something in order to decide.

So...if you want a OEM Fr200 carrying case...gimme a yell.