I get a tad tired of hearing that so and so is a "Mexican-American," or an "African-American," or an "Italian-American," or a "wherever-American." If you are an American citizen you are an American. Where your great great grandfather came from doesn't really matter. In California I have heard the talking heads refer to the person from south of the border who was just grabbed by the INS and deported back to his home as a "Mexican-American." If he had been an American he would/could not have been deported, if he was a Mexican citizen here illegally he would/could be. Maybe I should start calling myself a "heinz57-American."

And while I am venting, I get tired of the newsies calling every bad guy as an "alleged" burgler/murderer/whatever. I can understand it for a person who has been arrested but not convicted, but a few years ago I heard one refer to Charles Manson as an "alleged" mass-murderer, and recently a person who had been shot three times in the back of the head, then hanged, then dismembered, etc, as an "alleged" murder victim.

Apparently I don't do Sunday mornings well...