I hike in a place called 'Zoomland' (wich of course tells you nothing...).

It's in the south-west of The Netherlands and is about 355ha. For the most part, it consists mostly of pine and loafforrests, heathland (used online translator, no idea if it makes sense) and even a part swamp.
I like hiking here, it's quiet, beautiful and gives enough oppurtunity to practice skills. You do have to get a special permit to enter.
You can get lost in there, that's why I added the emergency ration and the overnight-element in the kit; set up the poncho as a tarp, put up the hammock and get into the bivvy..that's all! Maybe light a small fire...feels like home allready.. grin

The climate here is a moderate sea-climate. We have moderate winters and relatively cool summers. Average temperature of 9.8 C. and rainfall of 62.4cm per year. It can get really cold and wet in there!

EDC: - Watch, bandanna,cell-phone, wallet ea: the usual stuff.
- DR. PSP supplemented with waterproof matches, water
purifying tabs and ziplock
- Flashlight
- space-blanket
- Leaherman-wave
- (The Mora-knife is either carried on the belt, or put into
the backpack)

I usually don't hike with my family. Mostly with one or several friends. They carry there own pack. I carry the FAK.