You've already gotten the candlepowerforum link so I won't repeat it. But one thing that seems to come up quite often over there are the inflated lumen ratings that most of the munufacturers give. The only exception for inflated ratings seem to be Surefire and HDS which both seem to use minimum performance ratings. An example that came up recently was someone compared their Surefire U2 which is rated at 100 lumens to a Fenix at 135 lumens and the Surefire was brighter. I'm not saying to not buy the Fenix or bashing it in particular, just the performance ratings are optimistic at best.

HDS/Novatec will be releasing their new line sometime in the next month or two. One of the things they are supposed to have is a plastic bodied version of their top of the line Ultimate models. A little bigger because they need it for the strength but with the same user interface adjustable levels. No idea on price yet, but if it lives up to the HDS name it will be an awsome light. I have a U60XR and it is an unbelievable light. Probably the toughest commercially made light available, see or search for a demo model they named Pummel. They've let people at trade shows throw it at concrete walls full power. Over 200 times now, it looks like it went through a grinder but it still works.