I personally carry a very small non-locking Buck pocket knife with a blade around two inches for most everyday tasks. Thats my "gentleman's knife" for peeling oranges, opening packages and cutting string. Its camoflauge for people that aren't comfortable with knives, and I'm not to concerned about losing it since it was a ten dollar knife.

I also wear a small mora around my neck for larger cutting jobs and 'just incase'. Its basically a fix blade pocket knife. It doesn't get used much because I can usually get by with the Buck knife.

Right now I'm experimenting with carrying a large mora, a five inch blade, in a horizonal sheath on my belt. I'm waiting for it to find its own niche or become enought of a hassle to stop carrying it. Its large enough for heavier work, but light enough to carry relatively easily. It'll be mostly for outdoors stuff, making kindling and food prep.