And speaking of the supermarket, I can't stand it when they say, "did you find everything you were looking for?".

Usually, I do, but when I don't, nothing is ever done about it. It is sort of like saying "how is it going" with the expactation that somebody will say "good" so it can be done with...

And speaking of finding everything, my personal motto for Wal-Mart (and I should trademark this. you heard it here first folks) is Wal-mart - "Everything you want, nothing you need".

I swear I can never find what I am looking for at Wal-mart, or it is always out. How hard is it to stock Sam's choice cola in the store and have a vending machine that works?

Sometimes "just in time" means never. If somebody steals it, the store thinks it is just not selling, so nothing is reordered.

Speaking of which, I can't stand it when I ask somebody in (insert any and every store here) when a product will be in and they say, "I couldn't tell you that, we get stuff in all the time". Does the manager know? Nope. Apparently that person's job now is merely to ensure that there is adequate staff that somebody can operate a cash register and somebody, somebody can handle returns and somebody can handle complaints. Often times the same person handles the last two. What this means folks is that customer service is extinct. And if it is only endangered, it is only a mirage.