I've found recently that I don't mind drinking the Nescafe 100% Columbian freeze-dried on a daily basis. I wouldn't call myself a coffee snob, but I do know good coffee. Given my choice, it would be La Colombe for me all the time (a local company in Philadelphia run by French immigrants), but the Nescafe is pretty good and can be dissolved in cold water, which is easy to deal with in summer. I just drop some in a water bottle with milk and sugar, cap it, shake, and hit the road.

I like tea, but I don't really drink it, except for American-style icea tea with sugar and lemon. Honestly, the best teas I've had were herbal teas from The Tea Box at Takashimaya in NYC.

More importantly, I hate having to deal with the creamer issue. I used to buy a dried creamer made from real milk (can't remember the brand name, think it started with "O"), but I can't find it anymore anywhere near me. I won't drink non-dairy whitener unless forced.

I like my coffee (and hot tea) like I like my women, sweet and creamy.

For sweetener, I've latched onto Domino's "Brownulated" sugar. I like that extra bit of molasses in there, unless I'm drinking the coffee to really evaluate the taste of a particular variety.

Oh, and I also need to make another trip to Tazza d'Oro in Rome near the Pantheon for their excellent coffee and coffee liqueur. I've heard they sell internationally over the Internet, but it's more fun in person!

Edited by amper (03/19/07 04:50 AM)