I abhor the use of the term "The American people.....". It implies that the speaker is seperate and apart from them.

I hate people who say very, very, etc. "So many people are very, very, very disallusioned...." "She's just a very, very, very kind and caring person..."

I can't stand this: "Hey Stretch, how ya doin?" "Doin ok, thanks, you?" "Good, good, good". Anything more than one "good" is no good.

I hate talking heads on the news who quote statistics with flippancy. "99.9 per cent of the American people believe that...." These humpheads have yet to study their own conscience, let alone what percentage of people believe anything.

I abhor people who are "offended" at seeing a religious symbol. It's a clear indication that their lives are already ruined, what damage could a little more offensiveness do? I'm "offended" by their selfishness.

I dislike (immediately) any person who, in a discussion involving race, makes statements like "...some of my best friends are black ....". This is a clear indication to me that the person has probably never had a Black friend or even acquaintance and is afraid of their own "guilt".

As someone already said, it drives me crazy when people, usually cashiers, say "Have a nice day!" (as if they care). Better for me is "Thanks! Next!" I like that. Clear, direct, honest.

It drives me crazy to see the word "Please" overused. Now, mind you, politeness is a virtue, but overusing it is akin to begging. I was reading the revised forum rules yersday and, (sorry Doug, nothing personal here. Allow me a little humor, "please") I noticed that every sentence began with "please". I thought "Hey Doug, this is your forum, just lay out the rules and we'll follow them".

"Please" is so completely overused. "Please don;t litter". "Please slow down for the safety of highway workers. Thank You" -- How about this?: "Don;t litter". "Slow down and observe warning signs". Is that offensive to anyone?

I love this thread. I am NOT having a bad day. I am NOT angry. Some of my best friends are happy. Please forgive me.

smile