Originally Posted By: Susan
Water coming into Vegas isn't usually a problem, if you don't try to cross the flooded roads.

Water NOT coming into Vegas would be the first disaster that came to my mind. It's a city of two million residents plus tourists. If the water supply was cut off or contaminated, you would have a ghost town. If a bit of drinking water was available, the price would be astronomical.

But I doubt that even a military operation could bring enough water in to keep that many people alive.

True, but I'd think there would be a little lead time on that. Besides, I cannot see 2 million people immediately packing up and heading out of town cause the water quit running. Most would sit tight figuring it had to start working again pretty soon.

I'd just head east to Lake Meade, build a fire and boil away for enough to get me out of there. Plus while I'm boiling water, I'd let the masses disperse.

My co-worker traveled along the shore of Lake Meade coming and going last week (going down on Thursday and coming back Sunday - as I stated in an earlier post, he went to the Mountain West Conference Basketball Tournament and there was a NASCAR race there at the same time). He enjoyed a scenic drive and figured it took him an extra hour each direction. A guy on the radio who covered the B-ball Tourney complained that it took him 3 to 4 extra hours due to traveling I-15 with the NASCAR traffic trying to get back to Salt Lake on Sunday.