As has been said above "not being seen" is more about technique and not what you wear.

British DPM is very good at what it was designed to do, hide soldiers in the north of europe from rampaging russian hordes streaming over the inner german border.

It however stands out like a sore thumb in an environment it wasn't designed for ie urban, desert or snow, and its much better to wear specifically designed camouflage or subdued colours. Greys, olives, tans and dark blue are best.

I dont know where you stay in Scotland, but as a test next time your out in a town see how quickly it takes you to scope out DPM. Marpat is so uncommon it would stand out more.

What Chris states above is spot on, hairy arsed highlanders used to disapear easily into the hills, thats where we get "hunting" pattern tartans from. The brighter colours were ceremonial.

My favorite camouflage has to still be Temperate DPM, i've been wearing it for 20 odd years.( I did go through a phase of wearing tropical DPM for a while but got out of it when combat 95 came out)

Worst is Belgian, its garish to say the least.