Originally Posted By: Lasd02
Originally Posted By: JCWohlschlag
Somehow I find more credibility in the various thermal images I’ve seen…

Opinion, conjecture, anecdotel evidence, outdated research from 1957...Well, now that I've alienated a good portion of this boards most active members, I think I'll let this one go. It's been fun playing but I have a feeling the Moderators may be getting tired of this thread.

I think you might want to reexamine what you’re construing as opinion, conjecture, or outdated research. By removing the actual context from my quote, you’ve made it sound as if I pulled this idea out of my butt.

The point I was trying to make from the full part of my earlier post is that the research presented only state various figures and not the scenario in which these figures apply. What use is it to know how much heat escapes your head versus your body when you’re naked? And how do those figures vary between a person who is vasodilated (normal core tempterature) versus vasoconstricted (hypothermic)? I have no plans to be naked in the cold, and the entire purpose of this site is learning how to be equipped so you don’t end up naked in the cold. Personally, I am much more interested in how much heat escapes your head versus a body that is clothed in various ways, and the research you presented offers no insight into this curiosity.

If you have a specific argument about the point I was trying to make… about a normally-clothed body… then by all means make it. Until then, don’t quote my typing out of context in order to deem my (and others’) arguments as “opinion, conjecture, or outdated research”.