Blackeagle,

Had I based my argument solely on the credentials of the researchers, you would be correct. I have listed links to research, other non-associated experts (Dr. Daniel I. Sessler, Univ. of Louisville Medical School), and the original source.

In return, those who disagree have offered this:

Originally Posted By: PC2K
I don't have scientific numbers. but isn't it obvious ...

Originally Posted By: joaquin39
I have not done any research about "covering your head when your feet are cold cover your head", but there is thr hard fact that...

Originally Posted By: oldsoldier
...it only stands to reason that we lose more heat through the head than other parts.

Originally Posted By: Old Scout
It has been passed on to me that some key controlling organs (glands) for these functions are located in the head/neck area and must be attended to in treating hypothermia. Thus, I have always taught that in...

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...it flies in the face in other laboratory research and massive amounts of real world experiences.

Originally Posted By: RAS
My theory is that...

Originally Posted By: JCWohlschlag
Somehow I find more credibility in the various thermal images I’ve seen...

Opinion, conjecture, anecdotel evidence, outdated research from 1957...Well, now that I've alienated a good portion of this boards most active members, I think I'll let this one go. It's been fun playing but I have a feeling the Moderators may be getting tired of this thread.