Instinctive?? Like the hay maker punch that every dumb-arsed bar brawler thinks is going to lay out his opponent?

We were discussing proficiency. If you honestly feel that you can develop muscle memory and technique within two hours, I bow down to your mastery, Sifu.

Where's your free hand? Open stance, closed stance? How do you strike at the off knee on an advancing foe? Or are you striking at his leading leg? Strike the knife hand? Do you think your opponents going to extend his lead that much if you have a stick or baton in your hand?

I'm also assuming that your opponent is the aggressor, which assumes he/she is no stranger to sudden violence. You seem to have automatically assumed superior training or technique over your adversary. I've got almost 25 years of training under my belt, and I would never be that arrogant. I've had my arse kicked by the best!!!

Years ago, while studying under Fred Degerberg, I attended a demonstration done by Prof. Remy Presas. Every time someone thought they had an opening, they were trapped. It wasn't until afterwards that we realized every opening we saw was a trap.

I agree that any improvised weapon would be better than empty hand when the women and children go to bed, but nothing else you posted makes any sense to me.

You feed me someone with two hours of training, and even now, middle-aged, overweight and out-of-training, I'll eat their lunch.

M