On one thread I asked about travel during a long term civil break down. I from the replies I got idea the majority of us think that civil break down would be a short-term deal and plan to that conclusion. Looking at the wide spread effects on this country's infrastructure that has occurred after natural and man made disasters. What would happen to this country if say we had several occurrences at one time? Say another Katrina size storm (damage wise) on our southern coast, a 89-size quake or bigger on the west coast, and a 9-11 style attack on the east coast say in DC or New York again. I use these particular ones because they are well known and stand out in every one’s mind. With the strain on our country’s resources caused by our current wars combined with not one but several emergencies at the same time how short term would that be. As a country we have been exceedingly lucky not to have had more than one large scale emergency at a time, but if our luck ended what would happen how long would it last? I am not advocating self-sufficient homesteads or any thing of that nature just providing food for thought.