I currently use a Maxpedition Devil Dog Versipack for my Small BOB. However, when I go hiking, it goes with me in one configuration or another. I get a few funny looks from some of the other hikers I pass along the trail, but that's no big deal.

I like the fact that I've been able to make my BOBs, both small and large, modular, but I'm thinking I might just switch out the Devil Dog for a small backpack. I'm still toying with configurations.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Devil Dog, and the MOLLE attachment points are an added bonus. Because of this I had webbing sewed to a few other pouches such as the Katadyn pouch showed, which allows me to attach it under the Devil Dog and save space for other equipment in the bag's interior.

I'm having a small backpack modified so that I can attach it to the H-Harness above the Devil Dog, but the buttpack's handle may have to go. It takes up a lot of space and gets in the way. Even when I attach the Thermobak to the H-Harness the handle causes it to stick out farhter from my back than neccesary.

Here's a picture I took for a project. Please excuse all the extra equipment in there. Hopefully you can figure out what's what. And excuse the bad flash photography. laugh