Since its been too cold to get out and do much I'm concentrated to indoor things.
I keep all important records in an electronic format because my laptop of backup media is a lot lighter and smaller than a filing cabinet should I need to evacuate/bug out. I signed up for online accounts at a couple more places and opted out of paper statements and added them to my maintenance spreadsheet so I know to go and download the electronic statements regularly. This also helps prevent identity theft by preventing those statements from sitting in my mailbox or my neighbors back yard where the mailperson seems to toss our mail more often all the time.
To help with preventing paper insecurity I also ran my credit report and signed up for the national opt out registry for unsolicited banking and insurance offers and close a couple old accounts I had not used in a long time. My goal there is to reduce the amount of blank balance transfer checks and pre qualified credit cards from coming in the mail where they can be easily taken.
I've also been taking advantage of some buy one get one free sales at Kroger and the spend $60 get $12 free coupons they have been sending us to up our food stocks a bit more. I'm at the point of running out of space again after remodeling my kitchen a couple years ago and doubling our storage space.
We have also managed to save up enough to finish off our 10 year home equity loan taken out in 2003, the transactions are in pending between the banks but next week we will go out for a nice dinner to celebrate paying off a large monthly bill. My savings and emergency funds are a bit low now so that will be next months major prep item, just throwing a good bit back into savings.