I received my Bahco Laplander Folding saw in the mail today and promptly went outside to play. What can I say? I love this saw. It is the best folding saw I have ever used. It is aggressive cutting and doesn't bind. At least it didn't today. I didn't try it on anything green as it just wouldn't have been fair.

The first victim was a 1 1/2 to 2 inch branch that has been sitting in my yard for a couple of months. Fairly stout wood. Went through like a hot knife through butter. Next I tested it on very seasoned, very hard wood. One branch was about 3 inches thich, the other between 3 and 4 inches. Cut through clean and smooth in under a minute. Very nice!

Just for comparison, it is larger and more aggressive cutting than the saws found on SAK's and multi-tools. They cannot compare. I would probably give up trying to cut seasoned hard wood with one of those little saws. Great for EDC and emergency use, but the Laplander saw goes in my pack, replacing my Gerber folding saw.

The Gerber folding saw is a comparable size to the Laplander, and cuts very well. I think the Laplander outperforms on the really hard wood cutting through 3-4 inches in about half the time of the Gerber.

I could be wrong, but green wood is probably not going to be a match for any folding saw so I didn't try. I didn't want to cut down any branches just for a test.

After I have had more time with it, I will post a more long term review.