OK, I'm back again. I not only had one cappaccino but two, so now I got that "caffine kick" in me.

Someone wrote;

Before I throw my two cents in... my girl was looking over the shoulder when I was looking at your water carry option. Took me a minute to explain. After that she tells me that probably to save money you have to buy them in bulk and I said yes that's probably it. SO she said that if business in good and you place frequent orders the distributor must think you are quite a stud. LOL. Anyway...

My reply:

Yea, good point. But I buy'em from a condom company who make & sell only condoms and not from a local grocery store. And so they are use to people like me buying'em in large quantities.

No, I wouldn't dare buy condoms from a local store here where I live because not only are they a lot more expensive. I would be a bit embarrased to go into a local Italian store here in my little town where everyone knows me. And so I wouldn't want rumors spreading all over the town that I'm a STUD and they can't keep enough condoms on the store shelves here for me.

Not only that, my wife is 60 and so people here would think I'm cheating on her left & right with some younger Italian girls too. Yea, LOL

Condoms have been carried inside military survival kits and used as improvised water containers as far back as 40's, or so I have been told while I was in the military. And almost every commercial survival kit that I've come across also had condoms inside them too. The use of Gerber baby plastic containers are new to me and so I will test them out when I find them or receive some.

Someone wrote:

I’ve been lurking at your web site for a long time. Personally I hate stuff dangling around my neck. It has nothing to do with choking just a personal preference. Your safety feature dog tag break away chain is the weakest link and putting all this weight on it may cause you to spill the content all over. Happens all the time with my dog tags after wearing them for a while.

My reply:

That's why I came up with seveal ways in how you can carry and store these items, as I state on my website not everyone will feel comfortable wearing my SOS Necklace around their neck.

Some will prefer to carry it like a key chain in their pocket and others will like carrying the items inside one of those plastic "Can Keeper" containers and wearing it on their belt. You can then use this container to scoop up water to fill condoms, drink from it like a cup and if it falls off your belt in some water....it'll floats too. At least the experiment that conducted did.

Someone wrote:

Also how does such a big bulk fit if you need to use a chest strap on your pack? Having said that I find your keychain solution an excellent alternative. I didn't like the small bics. The fire starter you are using now is a very good replacement.

My reply:

The reason why a few customers said they didn't like my four-finger-fire starter is because they could not fit their finger inside the split-ring loop and so they had a hard time holding onto it to flick the wheel.

The soluation to this is simple, all you gotta do is place a wooden inside the bottom and you'll be able to hold onto it much firmly. I have small fingers and so I have no problems placing one of my fingers inside the wire loop, and so I can undertand people with big fingers might have problem with it.

It works, just like the sparklite. But now I am convince (but I'll admit I wasn't before) the magnesium fire rod is a better choice. Because if you have problems finding some tinder to ignite, the mag shavings will do the trick and in all types of weather conditions too.

Someone wrote:

I think that you faced same thing that I did when trying to put together a small commercial first aid kit for sale and it is choosing brand name product vs generic brand products and saving money. I personally in a survival situation wouldn't care if my light is photon or my knife a fancy brand knife as long as that thing is with me. I wouldn’t have any problems walking into the forest with just your kit being pretty confident in the fact that I got my basics on the equipment covered. They may not be my best choices but little knife is better than no knife, fire starter is better than nothing and one led is better than none. I don't like the necklace idea but like other options and between your product and ETS kit thrown together into the pouch and my life vest or a pack I should have multiple angles covered.

My reply:

Roger that, there you go, I agree, there's nothing more that I can add to your statment, you said it all.

Thanks, appreciate your input and comments, take care for now.

Edited by ArmyRangerRick (02/15/07 05:28 PM)