I just wanted to share a problem that we're having with Princeton Tec Aurora headlamps.

A few years ago I bought an Aurora for each member of my family - for camping. Eventually I replaced mine with a PT EOS, which has a friction clicker that helps hold it in place and has done me very well, plus it is a LOT brighter.

After a year of Scout campouts, the hinge on my Son's Aurora started loosening, causing the headlamp to flop down. He tried wearing it upside down, but then it didn't aim properly. I used the Leatherman to tighten it, but the big phillips driver was too big, and the tiny one was so small I was afraid I'd strip the slots. I tightened it when back home. It loosened again fairly quickly, so I replaced his with an EOS.

Last weekend while in Eagle Cave in Wisconsin my daughter's Aurora did the very same thing. Again, I didn't have the screwdriver with me (it was in the car) so she carried it in her hand. After I got home I ordered new EOS's for my daughter and my wife. Now the Aurora's will be limited to home use.

Now my only problem is that the EOS is so darn comfortable that I put it over my winter hat and forget it is there, so when I pull my hat off the EOS goes flying. Its happened twice - once on a forest floor and last weekend on a concrete cave floor. Luckily it didn't break and didn't even scratch.