Quote:
If you are going to carry any handgun, carry a good one. If you need one you will need a real gun not a toy like gun with no stopping power or accuracy.

I'm not trying to be difficult, just clear.

I have good guns with great stopping power and high capacity magazines. They are heavy, bulky and overwhelmingly not used. If I ever make it up to Alaska to vacation or feel like grabbing lunch in Compton, I guarantee you I won't be carrying the NAA because the odds of running into trouble rise into what I feel is the danger zone.

Wouldn't we all agree that it's ideal to carry 5 gallons of water with you if you know that tomorrow you will be trapped in your office for 5 days due to an earthquake, but are you going to carry that same 5 gallons in your B.O.B. "just in case"? Of course not, it's not practicle, so instead we carry Aquapure tabs or the like as a compromise. Based on your above quote, it sounds to me that if your only choice was between carrying the NAA or nothing at all, your advice would be the later! To all those who would say, "I don't care how much it weighs, it's worth it to me to have the security of this 6" .45 mag wheelgun in my B.O.B. as I drive through McD's on my way to Wallyworld!" I say, carry away!

You may want to check the handle harware on your NAA, mine is solid and stable when I open it and it's over 10 years old. I agree with everyone about the limited range and stopping power of this set-up, but I also know that the average bad guy is an opportunist and will generally only get into something if he thinks he's got the upper hand. I've never been shot with a .22 (or anything else for that matter), so I can't comment on the psychological effect it might cause, maybe you're right and it would only further enrage my assailant, but I doubt it.