I should briefly introduce myself as a seakayaker from Australia who spends as much time as possible at sea [ grin ] and as little time as possible in front of a computer. Doug and I have had correspondence over some months concerning the Sydney Hobart race tragedy, which was our recent equivalent of the Perfect Storm. [ Doug will understand the irony!]<br>My motivation for this post is to request information on 'watermaking at sea', which by definition for kayakers would be by the 'reverse osmosis' method. I have studied Doug's comments re the small PUR device which he adapted for his helicopter pilot client. <br>My kayak is the type used by a number of armed forces, including your special forces, which means it is a large volume boat [ by kayak standards ] and I have room for the larger PUR Powersurvivor 35 model, with the corresponding higher water making capability, and I hope, ease of use. I wonder if anyone has these in their kit, and could comment on their usefulness, as I have yet to find a supplier here in Australia.<br>Seakayaking can be an intense exercise, and one litre/hour consumption of water is quite normal here where we can get high temperatures on the water. On a multi-day expedition, it is not possible to carry the quantity of water needed to stay safely hydrated, unless a water supply is guaranteed at landing spots. Not always possible.<br>Has anyone tried one of these things? Compared it to the smaller model ? The 35 has a 12v motor, which should take much of the labor out of the pump, and a longer arm than the small model which should make manual operation safer/easier. BTW, I run to a 12v system on the kayak to power a 'bilge' pump, and sometimes a VHF radio. I have a UniSolar 11watt per hour solar panel to recharge a 7amp/hour sealed lead acid battery. The only info. I have found on the larger PUR pump is at http://www.goals.com/sailscin/osmosis1.html<br><br>Your advice/thoughts are welcome! Peter Rattenbury, Wollongong, Australia. <br><br><br>