I have in my possession one of Vitorinox’s new Rescue knives for testing. I have not had a chance to test it yet, but it is an interesting tool. Like all of Vitorinox’s tool, it is well built . After I test this knife, along with a number of other rescue tools, there will be a review up on ETS main site.

I will say this, I am not excited about a window saw, but we will see how it performs. I am also a fan of using a “Sawzall” on windshields second to that, the controlled use of an axe on a crib vehicle windshield is still the best method for quick access where a “Sawzall” is not available.

Is this knife a good investment? It depends on what you are looking for, most "rescue tools" have little use outside of rescue work although the Victorinox is a SAK and has more then just rescue feature.

It is a high quality tool, and my initial impression that it’s features (besides the window saw) will make it a good tool for EMS providers.

For a rescue knife, it will not replace my Gerber Hinderer in my Turnouts...