Quote:
Not trying to be rude, just objective: I asked, S30V aside, for survival and general purposes, and stated, in my title "non-prybar." I never got any kind of answer from you I was looking for: Look at the blade again. It is well known 60.5 Rc on each blade by Bob Dozier is pretty unique. You are invited to come up with a different response.

Actually, that's not true: yes you were trying to be rude and you succeeded. I'll live. So will you. I gave you not one example of a "prybar". I did not recommend the RAT7 except to mention it as one of the Ontario series that is made with D2.

Your praise of Dozier's D2 as if it's hardening at over RC61 is a miracle is funny to me. Ok. He does well with D2 steel. Buy it and move on. A person considering a $400+ knife (regardless of how much "CNC" machining brings the price down, hehe I've gotta smile here) does not generally post a "what do you think?" question in a survival forum.... any more than a person considering purchase of a racing motorcycle would query General Motors Corp. Not that folks interested in survival don;t know alot about knives but, rather, why not query in forums specifically dedicated for that?

I offered you an alternative to D2, for at the time I was beginning to think you might not be aware there are other fine steels out there, easily as good as Dozier's for practical purposes, and I suspect now that I was right.

As I said... if you didn;t want a response to your question (read your original post), you should've just bought the knife and came in here to tell us about it. On the other hand, if you wanted a response to your question.....................