In all fairness, the tools are a sop to being urban, while I'd expect everything else to be wilderness. The two instances I'd expect to be using this would be while I'm out on a car trip and either breaking down in the summer or getting snowed in somewhere unexpectedly. There are certain limited instances where I might be away from the truck and have something stupid happen. In the truck I have a 72hr kit for amateur radio deployments, including food, a small amount of water and a jetboil.

I can defintely add wire, but there's no real place to put food. Maybe some chicken broth cubes, using the aluminum foil as a cup.

I could ditch the tent pegs, but since they go all the way on the bottom of the main pocket, they really don't take up any practical space. I've tried adding a pouch to the front, but really don't like the way it fits. I can add more 550 cord, but will have to fit it so it doesn't snag. The signal mirror is a standard for all of Doug's kit requirements, so I stuck one in there.