I'll check into the RS screwdriver. I like the Husky unit since the bits fit in the handle, but could probably do without, or maybe combine with the eyeglass kit.

I agree I tend to be tool heavy. The Surge is a new addition I'm trying, but could probably remove the Micra. I could probably ditch the extra saber saw blade, and the abrasive recip saw blade, but the recip saw blades pack in the very bottom and take almost no room. Same with the tent pegs. They go on the very bottom, and only take maybe 1/8" of height. Things that take substantial depth are a problem. I was keeping the wire saw so I'd have something I could attach paracord to and throw over a limb, but that could go.

I don't really like the plastic container that the tinders are in - it's just awkward. Also, I think the potable aqua bottles will go and be replaced with clorine dioxide tabs, which will fit in the back pocket.

What I'd like to have are 3-4 transpiration bags, and those definitely won't fit. I'm thinking about getting a vacuum packer, which should help. Odds are I'll keep both the heatsheet and sleeping bag. My thinking is if I had to build a debris shelter, the bag would go in the center and the heatsheet on top. Or maybe use the heat sheet as a fire reflector, or some such. I think it just adds flexibility to have both.

I just added the orange safety vest, just to have a larger passive signal. I watched one of the discovery channel shows about the guy and his kid skiing at a resort in Turkey and getting lost, thinking that he had no passive signal that could be left out. It occurred to me that a debris shelter would make really good camoflauge, not what I'd want in an emergency. I have the surveyors tape, but that's awfully small.