I carried on my quest for affordable yet quality 100% wool blankets in a world of synthetics. I found to my surprise that they do have some at Sears.ca (I had already asked for wool blankets but they didn't have them at that time). There are the Martha Stewart Everyday Wool Blankets available for $60 (CAN). I don't know who's Martha Stewart. The name doesn't sound like a woolen mills name but rather like a designer's name. Do you think they are a good choice or are they like too soft or something? There are also Silkeborg of Denmark oversized throws and they don't even use dyes or chemicals, they are left in their natural colors but they are more than twice as expensive as from hotelblankets.com.

I also found a woolen mills in my province, Ulverton Woolen Mills. They are like a museum and I may visit their exhibition, trails and boutique soon. They are about two hours drive from Montréal. It's basically a bunch of Scottish immigrants that settled and opened a woolen mills in Les Cantons de l'Est during the mid-19th century, using the energy from the Ulverton river.

And finally, I can't resist the patterns on this Faribault Jacquard woven throw named Runestone with Viking patterns. If I end up buying it I will put on my Hedingarna Ukkonen (Thunder God) song while contemplating it: