Ummm... Actually, pretty much everything in a PC is recyclable at this point. I have worked with a company that does it. The metals are obviously the first thing, but even the things that can't be melted down for new moldings, like the board part of a PCB, get cleaned, ground up and used in concrete and blacktop. I know of it being done in Georgia, and I believe a couple of other states are testing it with very favorable results. That might be more of a reuse than a recycle, but given the current state of the art, a computer is like a deer- when it dies, there is a use for every part.

And even before that stage, most computers that are dead only need a new power supply and some TLC to make them into something usable. I was the head of a team in college that worked with the above company to send about 30 computers, with healthy monitors, an old HP laser printer, plus an older server and a CD jukebox overseas as a package the summer of '05. The best one of the lot was the server with a pair of Pentium IIs in it, but they worked, we had enough licenses of Win95 and Office97 to equip them, and the manuals for Novell on the server, so some small town school some place in Central America has a computer lab now, with a pretty decent reference library available through their main server. It isn't the information super highway, but it is a lot better than the nothing that they had.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.