Found and interesting and usually free source for heavy duty cable ties (or whatever you call them).....If you have ever noticed, you can 'cut' a cable tie and still have a smaller (but still usable) tie......Well I noticed that a lot of gas stations in my area use very heavey duty ties to hold up those signs....the ones that usually advertise a limited time special deal on XXX brand of (soda/smokes etc.) Well I have spoken to some managers at these stations and when the signs need to come down, they usually cut the signs off the ties but leave the ties intact around the pole. Unfortunately for them, they can't reuse them and end up cutting the ties when they need to put up new signs. They have had no problem with me cutting the ties when they have cut the signs down. This usually get me 2 very usable (and approximately 2ft long) heavy duty cable ties. You might be able to get some for yourself if you ask nicely......they are real handy and as anyone from law enforcement knows.....make great emergency handcuffs.....(Law enforcement has very similar things called 'flex cuffs'). Hope this can be of use to someone.