Quote:
Animal snares? Leave all that to Grizzly Adams. “Search and rescue rarely finds a victim whose cause of death was starvation,” says survival instructor David Arama."

True enough, but I have a hard time believing that a person going without food for 3 days is as capable physically as the same person who has eaten. And while I have yet to see any studies done on what effect, if any, lack of food has on hypothermia, I'm betting that eating something helps ward it off.
Quote:
forget notions of jigging fish

Presumably this article is aimed at people who do not know much, if anything, about survival. To then suggest that they not bother to learn about potential food sources is, IMO, a mistake. By all means, teach people to stay put, make a shelter, build a fire, and set out signals. But to then tell them to sit there while the fish are jumping yards away in the lake? Or to watch the squirrels running up and down the fallen pines while you wish you had some snare wire and the knowledge to use it? Not good advice in my opinion. A few fish hooks, some line, and some snare wire take up little room, and will always be found in my kits.

Good article otherwise.