Last night I was able to get a second fire going using the Spark-Lite, my last Tinder-Quick and an artificial log. I was able to get a fire going quickly this time. With a total of four successful attempts, I am able to ignite a Tinder-Quick with the Spark-Lite with no problem. I am now out of Tinder-Quicks, I lost my Spark-Lite in the fire place which is now probably a glob of melted plastic and I am still having to rely on an artificial log to get real wood burning, which may not always be available.

I need to get a new Spark-Lite, more Tinder-Quicks and more artificial logs. I will keep some artificial logs in the trunk of my car for the time being. Hopefully the artificial logs would be accessible in the event of an emergency until I can master the skill of starting a fire with just a Spark-Lite, a Tinder-Quick and what I am able to forage.

Jeanette Isabelle