While I have been repairing the damage to my roof and fence from the wind storm last Thursday, I keep thinking of those three climbers on Mt Hood which is just over my shoulder.

During the repair it has rained, hailed, snowed, and gotten very cold and windy and I am only at 200 foot in elevation. The cedar lumber I purchased to repair the fence has been frozen together for the last three days. I can only imagine what those guys have gone through.

Every time I start to forget about those climbers, a 304Th Rescue Helicopter flys overhead. I know they are working out of Hood River but they are refueling at The Dalles. I spend a lot of time on Mt Hood and I know how spotty cell phone serve is whether analog or the various digital technologies. I am going to get a PLB with built in GPS. Most likely an ACR TerraFix 406 GPS I/O PLB Product # 2798.4 but the cheapest price I can find for it is $575 and that is with the $75 ACR rebate.

If any of you know where I can get this model cheaper, let me know.

I also like the McMurdo Pains Wessex Fast Find Plus, even more expensive, but they have a cold temperature battery pack.