I do a modicum of travel in a large van, with my dogs. I don't drive in serious weather or at night if at all possible to do otherwise. Sometimes I sleep in the van on top of the dog crates. I always carry sleeping gear, food, water and etc. inc. first aid kit for myself and dogs. HOWEVER, as I am of an older age I'd like to have some portable heat in the van when it is frosty. I've read that Sterno gives off enough heat to keep the temp above freezing in an auto. Exactly what is Sterno in so far as it's chemical nature is concerned and is it really safe to burn inside a vehicle? How much window do I need to roll down to avoid suffocating? I wrap the crates in large cardboard boxes and then blankets. I can't cover the front totally as the dogs are 80 to 120 lbs and create a good amount of heat from their own stocky bodies. Input please.
I also saw a program that said if a soda bottle of water is exposed to direct sunlight for a full day it becomes sterilized: this in Africa. Comments please.
For me this information helps me to survive solo trips and go where angels fear to tread or at least were my friends think an old lady should not go.
Thanks. [color:"black"] [/color]