FWIW, I just recieved the CZ-163 last night, and so far (after a dozen or so rounds) I'm impressed.<br><br>It's full sized- I'm a big guy, and the pull is long enough to be comfortable for me, a lot longer than many service rifles. I'ts not heavy, but hefty enough to be steady. Sight is hooded-post front and fully adjustable rear, nice picture, not the finest adjusters I've used but not primitive either (much better, say, than the sights on a 10/22). There are scope grooves milled in the receiver. The trigger is crisp and adjustable down to less than 1 lb. The stock is MUCH nicer in person than one might think from photos- the shape that is not very photogenic looks better in person and feels very good indeed- somewhere between field and target shapes, with a very nice-feeling palm swell. The forestock that looks too deep in photos turns out to balance nicely. The "checkered" panels on the forestock are obviously pressed, and they're really stippled, not checkered- but they are (unlike some specimens I've seen reviewed) even on both sides. The stock is stained beech with an oil finish. Fit and finish is comparable to much more expensive European air rifles that I've handled. Befitting it's origins (if you know the CZ name), the overall "feel" is solid and businesslike, no rattles or wobbles anywhere, and not at all cheap or toy-like in any way. If you buy this for one of your kids, beware- you may decide it's too nice for them.<br><br>Other than the stock, the piece is almost all blued steel- the only plastic pieces I've seen (other than seals, of course) are the black triggerguard, buttplate, and the thumb-hook to release the breech. There is an automatic safety, but it's a nice knurled thumb-button at the rear of the receiver- very convenient. Unlocking the action and cocking was very stiff at first, but smoothed out nicely in the first several shots. Shooting it hasn't settled down enough to comment on accuracy yet, but it's reputation is good.<br><br>The only negative so far is that there is more vibration (I wouldn't call it recoil) than I expected for it's power.. and that's not all bad, as it's good practice for hunting/"magnum" power airguns.<br><br>I do wish I had bought this first, before the IZH-61, though that's nice in it's own way. For indoor target practice or plinking, at this very low price, this has to be one of the bargains of the decade. $70 + shipping. I may order one or more for Christmas presents.<br>