John,<br><br>Pretty much two places to lube - the pivots for the operating rod / forearm / piston and the piston/cylinder itself. "Gun Oil" OK for the pivot points; you might want to use something elsse on the piston OR go ahead and use light oil there as well - no dieseling effect with a pump-up. A little oil on the bolt and the o-ring as well, I suppose.<br><br>If you look closely, there is a place on the receiver to attach a receiver (peep) sight. Sheridan used to sell one that fit - I don't imagine it was unique, tho. No easy fix on the front sight - keep it blackened.<br><br>I never had an owner's manual, either - let me know if you find one.<br><br>The original pellets weigh about 15 grains IIRC, so if you cannot find them, check Beeman's for 5mm pellets - they have one that is heavy enough. I've never shot anything but the original style in mine up to now.<br><br>Meanwhile, check out spring-power air rifles - they range from inexpensive to outrageous. These are NOT the Daisy Red Rider one grew up with...<br><br>Have fun!<br><br>Tom<br><br>