No kids in this household; it probably affects my thinking... they're all MY toys. :-)<br><br>But, yes, if the Beamhit system lives up to it's billing, I think it has a lot of potential. I could actually use that 20m length through the upstairs during the long winter when I'd just as soon not be at the range, without risking windows and furniture. About $250 gets the system with 3 different caliber rods, which means that, unlike practice with an air gun, you can practice with the actual pieces you'll be shooting at the range, longarms and pistols. I never see it mentioned, but I assume cautious people would use snap caps.<br><br>Of course, it can't substitute for live firing... on the other hand, Olympic shooters spend hours just practicing hold, then more hours just dry firing for trigger control. The Beamhit would seem to have the potential to take it one step further, and give you real feedback.<br><br>Too bad none of the computers here are anywhere near a long line-of-sight, but I understand that it performs basic functions on it's own.