Quote:
On the James Kim thread, one of the members here mentioned something about not wanting to backtrack 'in front of the women' (something like that). My first reaction to that was, HOW STUPID! (sorry).

I was the one who threw that in there because as a man I know how men think. We are motivated by our ego at our own peril. We also just hate to give up which is partly ego & partly the desire to not "lose".

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU - STUPID!!!

However, that is an honest assestment of men. And that is why men don't like to ask for directions, etc.

(Not all) But many men (myself included) hate to give up. That can be good - it got me thru college. And it can be bad because we press on inspite of the warning signs & that little voice inside that is giving off warning lights. I'm 40 now & have learned to listen to that little voice. I also listen to my wife who has a little voice that sends off warning messages way before mine.

I may have worded it improperly so that you took it to mean that I agree with that "MANLY" attitude in all situations. I definitely do not especially when it comes to driving in the winter & when your vehicle is climbing in elevation.

This atttribute in men is what allows them to go fight for & defend this country. And it is also the attribute that can get us killed for no good reason when we press on into needless danger.