I've never tried it, but I don't see why normal methods wouldn't work.. its mostly the large patches of palm meadows that would be your problems, but the Seminoles and other natives moved around well enough.
North eastern Florida is almost a whole different biome then even the rest of the state, we have plants and animals here that don't go further south, and plants and animals from further south that can't live much further north..
The bad thing about this area is that a lot of the land was/is owned by the paper mills in the area, which plant pines that they harvest for paper products so half the time your driveing along giant corn rows of pine trees..
It is flat though, when I first moved here I 'suffered' from what I called 'elevation deprivation', symptoms included but were not limited to climbing to the rooftops of tall buildings and sitting for hours saying to yourself 'wow, there is a horizon', driveing over tall bridges several times in a row just so that you can see, for the 15th time, that your not driveing around in an endless circle of trees, and puting together a notebook with clipings of 'elevated' places out of magazines, so that you know there are real places like you remember.
*Points to Izzy* He would know better then I would about how to use a topo map though...

Words Mean Something.