>that was "edit copied edit pasted" out of your post<br><br>>What do you mean by "Does this mean my .40 S&W in my >kimber is not made anymore." <br><br>>lol i dont get it!<br><br>>he did menchin .40 S&W<br><br>You are correct, of course. My fingers were faster than my brain. That happens when one gets old... :-)<br><br>>Have you seen Magnum Reseach's BFR? it has a .45/70 >configuration! i shot a "bush gun" chambered in that caliber, >and i only shot it ONCE. no more. that gun is tooo scary lol. (i >was 11 at the time)<br><br>My shooting buddy/gun dealer is trying to get me into the 45-70 black powder cart. thingy with a Sharps single shot. He wants to build a 1,000 yard range on my property. Hell, i can't see a 1,000 yards anymore, much less see the gong that far away. Besides, I don't think my shoulder would take the pounding from the 45-70 anymore; even with black powder loadings.<br><br>>i also got to shoot a Desert Eagle chambered in .50 AE, and >once again, i only shot it ONCE! big heavy gun with a nasty >kick (again, 11 years old 110 lbs) !!<br><br>Not my cup of tea. Just too much recoil for comfort. I would develope a built-in flinch that would guarantee missing the target.<br><br>I have a 50 yard and 100 yard shooting range in my back yard. I am quite content on making my next, and probably final, gun acquisitions within the next month, and happily just spend my *gun* time playing with loads for them. That would, hopefully, be a Rolling Block single shot rifle, and a Schofield *breaktop* pistol from Navy Arms; both in .45 Long Colt. Nice, soft, short-range shooting. If I want to hit something at a 1,000 yards I'll buy a Cruise missle... ;-)<br><br>Prospector<br>