Quote:
2) Child's walking ability

I've been walking with my daughter on the local state park hikeing trail since she was 10-11 months old (as soon as she began walking), on good days we are up to 2 miles now at two years old.. thats in 2-2 and a half hours though..
Quote:
3) Caring for a child

She is just shy of being fully potty trained (waits too long to speak up mostly) tries very hard to dress herself and tie her shoes etc.. and god help you if you try to take her purse.. and she understands and minds 'halt' as 'stop, your in danger, that will hurt you, stand still I'll come and get you, hold my hand'
Quote:
4) Walking out vs. bugging in. vs. getting help

There is now a mandatory category 1 evac in this area for hurricanes (the major recurring bug out in this area), not that I forsee haveing to walk with leaving nearly in 'front of the wave' early in a car, but... just in case...
Quote:
I think that the single most important thing that you can do to be prepared with a small child is to cultivate the friendship of other local parents who share your views and have children the same age as your child

This will take some time for me as my estranged wife sabotaged my relationship with everyone I know that fits that bill, shortly before she decided to abandon my daughter and I to run off with another man who has 10 kids by His own wife, by slandering me to them.. but thats another story not for this forum. *bitter grumble*

Words Mean Something.