I don't remember this being discussed, but I know many of us have plans that involve treating older (dare I say elderly) relatives, or have high mileage ourselves.

In an urban emergency, what to do if they pass on is pretty easily understood, you designate a morgue and use it. My concerns are rural bugging in and a walking bug out. (Bugging by car, I imagine my grandfather would appreciate the irony of being wrapped and tied like a deer or bear.)

In the former, I know, keep them away from the water supply, but then what? In winter, it's easy, but the summer is harder.

And in the later case, stick them in poncho/bivy, do as much of cairn as possible, mark it on the map and keep moving? That is my instinct, but maybe our medics and SAR folks have a better idea.

As I have to factor in further worsening health of my grandparents into my plan, I'd kinda like to have a plan that is typed up, laminated, and made THE PLAN for this scenario, just so logic is running the show.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.