Having to trudge through all five days of the Ashes.

Actually, sitting through 6 hours of it on Sunday was I think my lifetime quota. If it hadn't been for the 6 beers, 2 glasses of wine, some decent roast beast, and the good company of a handful of Aussies trying to explain the game to me, I'd have called it a day about an hour after the english started their inning.

For those who don't know, the Ashes is a 5 day Cricket competition, this year between England and Australia, played here at "The Gabba" stadium in Brisbane. The only thing more boring to watch is perhaps curling, or lawn bowling, or for us Yanks it would be Golf. You don't go to a Cricket match to watch the game, but for the social value. I did get a good idea of the rules of the game, for the most part, but I don't think even the people that play know all of the rules.

Heck, they don't even let you boo the refs (and anyone who does gets tossed out of the stadium fairly quickly, no refunds).

Nope, I much prefer watching a good game of "Beanball", with the mad Hungarian marching out to the mound with bat in hand.

One bit of good trivia, a famous Cricketeer from the 80s nicknamed Boony is reported to have drank 58 cans of beer on a flight from Australia to London. Now that is legendary.