IMHO…

If I may address each line item that I think needs addressed. Again this is MY OPINION.

Coleman makes great gear for camping when you don’t have to carry the gear on your back. Wouldn’t trust the sleeping bags with my life.

1. Are bags rated in C or F ? None of the ratings on CampMor say *F or *C so I have no idea.
A. In the USA usually F.

2. If a bag is rated for 0* does that mean it can be 0* in your tent or 0* outside?
A. When they rate bags they generally don’t take a tent into consideration. From what I understand there is no standard for testing. Ratings from different manufactures will be different.

3. If the bag is rated for 0* does that mean you WILL be comfortable (avg. person) at 0* air around your bag or does that mean you WILL survive but probably be pretty cold?
A. Sleeping bag rating is not a “comfort” level but a “survival” level…Huge difference.

4. What type of fabric/material is good for a down bag to prevent water? My current bag is poly fill and I want to go down next as i've heard great things about their warmth as well as nwe style water-proof shells.
A. Waterproof is an industry term that is used very loosely. Materials such as Gore-Tex is considered waterproof and breathable. Anyone that uses it knows this is impossible. You can’t make a material that allows evaporation in one direction and completely repels water in the other. I could write 8 pages on this subject. Suffice to say regardless of what you do nothing is 100% waterproof. If you have a reasonable expectation of your bag staying dry go with down it is warmer for less weight. If you think you might get wet go with synthetic.

5. Are bags temp. rated based on the occupant being fully dressed w/beani or undergarments only.. or ? A. Different manufacturers have different test methods.
6. How can the same brand offer a 600Fill down bag at -20* and also offer an 800Fill down bag at -20*. What exactly would the difference be as I thought the more fill the more warmth so i'm guess less quality down?
A. My guess is the same as yours.

7. For my temp range of 30 down to 15 w/winds picking up every night to 10-30mph avg with gusts to 60 using a thermarest pad and sleeping in udnergarments what temp bag would you guys suggest?
A. Minimum 0F to -10F Note that there is such a thing as too much clothes in a sleeping bag. The basis for containing heat is ambient air. The more loft the better. Example. You would probably be warmer in a wool sweater and light jacket than 10 tight synthetic t-shirts.

Cameron Ownbey
http://backpackers.meetup.com/114/