A little background on me.... I've been in the USMCR for going on five years now. I wanted to share with you all some of the items I carry on my body at all times while out in the field.

I try to stress to my troops that having a survival kit on your body at all times is imperative for you never know what dire situation you may find yourself in.

I have labeled each item pictured and have the corresponding description as follows...

(Click to enlarge)

1. Buck/ Strider 888 solution with a 550 cord lanyard and cord lock

2. Leatherman wave (older model)

3. DMT diamond stone, fine grit

4. Specialty Defense Systems medical pouch

5. M258A1 Decon kit containers with 3M adhesive backed
unbreakable mirrors cut to fit inside lid. (x2)

6. Waterproof match case containing waterproof matches and 20 guage wire wrapped on the outside.

7. Waterproof match case containing fishing kit. Contents: misc. hooks, spoon, flies, mini bobber, split weights, swivels, and 20 lb. line wrapped on the outside.

8. FAK. Contents: 2" x 3" moleskin (x2), 5 band-aids, immodium AD, diphen, anti-biotic cream, rolaids

9. Laminated knot card

10. Space blanket

11. Magnesium fire starter (and yes believe it or not, I have actually been able to make a fire with it)

12. Bic lighter

13. Aqua Marine whistle

14. Toilet paper from an MRE

15. Three chicken flavored bouillon cubes

16. Phoenix Jr. Infrared strobe light w/ 9 volt power source

17. Gerber Clutch

18. Inova red LED light

19. Handmade 550 cord bracelet with cord lock (approx. 11 feet)

20. Water pur tabs and PA tabs

21. Long burning candle

22. Stainless steel spoon

23. Issued lensatic compass w/ pace counter

24. IRR tab (reflects under night vision goggles only)

25. Striker for matches

26. Three sheets of rite in the rain note paper

27. Purell hand sanitizer

28. Book of matches from MRE

29. P-38

30. Two large safety pins

I made this kit up from the extra supplies I had laying around the house. I know I need to add some things and may be able to remove some things. So all suggestions are encouraged and appreciated.

I know I'd like to add a button compass, spark-lite kit, and some other items... But unfortunately money doesn't grow on trees.

Any and all input is appreciated.