I took part in our local flu drill back in April. At least for us, the point wasn't to be completely prepared, but to be better prepared. All of the major and many of the minor medical facilities in the county took part, including for the first time some from surrounding counties. They got to make a dry run of their pandemic disaster plans. Their primary challenge was locating and opening a triage center outside of their facility to keep infectious patients outside and away from critical care patients. Some facilities got a wakeup call that they couldn't just pop up some tents outside and ignore the weather. One of the best took over a nearby conference center where they have an agreement in place and were able to triage in relative comfort.

In the end, the message I took away was to just hope it never happens. If it did, it's unrealistic to think anyone but the most die-hard survivalist can quarantine themselves at home for the duration.

After the drill, I only really added a few things to my kits. More gloves, safety glasses, and N95 or better masks. A stockpile of isopropyl and gelled hand sanitizer. Some extra electrolyte replacements especially for the kids. Immodium AD and some general flu symptom medications.