Hello all.In my municipality they had their first flu pandemic drill.
According to the paper all went well.In fact it went so well,they feel that they are more than prepared to handle the situation.The whole drill went smoothly,no panic,no fighting,no butting,very orderly,etc.Several police and fire depts participated-the flu shots were real and given to real citizens(this was done to kill two birds with one stone)to give the shot to those who wanted it and hold "the drill".Maybe I'm off but it dosen't prove that "the county is prepared" if those that were going to get them anyway only had to go to a new location and wait in line(only 3,000+) people instead of (the 600,000+ who actually live here)for 25-45 minutes.The county officials are all patting themselves on the back(in the paper)as to how well it went because all went smoothly.I don't see how having more than enough vaccine for only 2% of the actual population in something that wasn't a drill or real life scenario by any means is a success.I think that something akin to what happened with the playstation 3 would be more likely-people fighting to get what is in limited supply,panic,etc. All I can say is "duck and cover" seems to be the official mentailty,maybe I'm wrong.