You folks would seriously laugh if you saw the size of the fishing kit in my PSK. I'm betting it's bigger than a good portion of your entire PSKs.

However, in my defense, I like fishing and have been known to just decide to go fishing on a whim when I see a spot that looks good, I drive past a park or lake where public fishing is allowed and so on. And when I do stop, I'll generally use my PSK fishing kit. It requires a lot more maintenance than the rest of the PSK of course, but it amuses me so I do it.

People that see me fish with it are sometimes stunned when I land something.

Don't get me wrong, I have a cheap rod and reel in the trunk of my car too...

Anyway, I like using small soft grub baits and keep a number of them in my kit. I have one hard bait in there, a small Rebel Crawfish. I can set that in a slow moving patch of water, leave it, and it generally does the trick, or I can just fling it, and reel it in, wrapping the line around one hand without much hassle. In some of the worst fishing conditions I've caught fish with that thing. I think they lace the lure with crack or something.

Other than that, catching a cricket, grasshopper, beetle, grub or worm isn't hard to do either if you know where to look provided it's the right season (depending on area), and those are tried and true fish catchers.

Now that I know how to make cordage, some day when I have a load of time with nothing to do I might try to make a line, fashion a hook out of natural materials, find an insect or worm, and try my luck.