1st question was: "What is an electric-powered squirrel cage?" It is a 110VAC motor hooked to a "squirrel cage fan"-imagine the little wheel that hamsters run on, in their cages, with small vanes that cause air to be sucked into the center and forced out through the sides, funneled into the outflow piping to the room.
The 2nd question: I am not inclined to publish photos & it wouldn't do any good because my garage is not in the "shelter mode" It is in a "NORMAL" use mode that is laid out to be quickly converted, in about 6 hrs to the shelter mode.
I first remove un-needed equipment into the house, move bookshelves against 1 garage door, move 3 beds into the garage (along the right wall). Install 2 1/2 sheets of 3/4"plywood across the front of each garage door & seal all cracks & joints with silicon. Go up to the attic & spread all the wood, boxes of things, etc over the attic floor above the garage. Go to the roof and place garbage bags over all vents, openings, & a/c's. Seal up all openings around the house. Install 3/4" prepared plywood sheets over the 2 garage windows. 1 garage window has openings w/piping installed, seal around the sides. Connect air filter and co2 outlet (with flapper valve) to exterior and run wire supports. Run antenna coaxials/wiring through the wire run piping. Use paper & silicon to seal exterior piping openings. Install antennas onto 2" PVC piping to raise antennas, Run wire supports. Run air conduits inside of the garage for the incoming air to the air pump, install the co2 removal piping from 1/4" above the floor to the outlet connection. The toilet is set up w/a porta-potty, a tall storage cabinet, & a curtain in the far righ corner. Comms/Intel/small work bench are arranged along the front wall. Common area of couch, chairs, & coffee table are in the center. Food storage and the galley are along the left garage door. Lighting is from 6volt pigtail lamps & solar powered lamps. I have regular lamps that run off of car batteries (on workbench shelves). I have a bicycle powered generator (puts out 110VDC) & a gas powered generator (5000 watts) as a backup (on the back porch). The water is stored along the left wall & provides additional shielding until used.
3rd question: Someone is appointed daily to run the nightly morale event (entertainment and recreation). Classes are held everyday during the day and someone is given a subj the day before, to teach the next day.
Last note: Everything is written down in a plan. I have 3 continguency plans in force & my wife & daughter know where they are. They pick the plan that best suits the situation! I will use a KFM to monitor fallout levels