I found this today:
Found here
Any person who knowingly has, in any vehicle owned, operated or occupied by such person, any weapon, any pistol or revolver for which a proper permit has not been issued as provided in section 29-28 or any machine gun which has not been registered as required by section 53-202, shall be fined not more than one thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than five years (this is a _felony_) or both, and the presence of any such weapon, pistol or revolver, or machine gun in any vehicle shall be prima facie evidence of a violation of this section by the owner, operator and each occupant thereof. The word "weapon", as used in this section, means any BB. gun any blackjack, any metal or brass knuckles, any police baton or nightstick, any dirk knife or switch knife, any knife having an automatic spring release device by which a blade is released from the handle, having a blade of over one and one-half inches in length, any stiletto, any knife the edged portion of the blade of which is four inches or over in length, any martial arts weapon or electronic defense weapon, as defined in section 53a-3, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument.

Yes, I realize this post is treading close to the political discussions, and my point is not make a statement. My point is, it appears as though my idea of my perfect everyday carry would now be a FELONY to carry in my vehicle, and probably on my person.

I can't include the knife I was going to get, or a police batton that I could use while jogging for dogs. Note that there is NO mention of INTENT in any of this, there are "exemptions", but nothing for a knife and batton. You must have a permit. I don't know if I can get a permit to cover a knife and police batton, I'm still researching that.

Edited to clarify that there are exemptions
Edited to remove bolding that isn't a concern

Edited by ki4buc (11/05/06 12:53 AM)