Ade,<br><br>I have used both Gerber and SOG multitools. My EDC used to be a Gerber 400 series tool, but I changed to a Wave last year. <br><br>The Gerber multitools (original, 400 and 600 series) are good tools but I replaced these as EDC primarily for the saw and superior file in the Wave as compared to the Gerbers. The best feature of the Gerbers is their ability to be opened one-handed. The Gerbers that I have do not have a saw. Also the new models have a substandard file. Try and find one with a file that is stamped with the manufacturer (Simonds or something like that). The Gerber nylon sheath flops around on the belt more than I like. The tool adaptors use a square Phillips shank on the tool as a driver and are a bit less useful than the Leatherman separate driver arrangement. Gerber is now owned by Fiskars so check out these fellows also.<br><br>My SOG multitool is a ParaTool. It has a unique folding arrangement that makes it very compact. I really have never liked it well enough to carry often, but it seems to be a capable and good quality tool. I have acquired more blood blisters opening this thing than any other tools I have ever used. It also does not have a tool adapter option.<br><br>I rank my multitools in order of usefulness and quality like this:<br><br>Leatherman Wave (decent file, saw, more flat screwdrivers than needed)<br>Gerber Original (good file, no saw)<br>Leatherman PSTII (diamond file, no saw)<br>Gerber 400 (good file)<br>Gerber 600 (crappy file)<br>Leatherman Juice CS4 (Small, saw, no file, nice leather sheath)<br>SOG ParaTool (Compact, Blist-O-Matic)<br><br>I decided that EDC required a decent saw and a file. Having a tool adaptor is also a requirement for me as most of my work "repairs" are something other than standard screwdrivers. I find my Victorinox SAK's to have superior saws, so if I decide to carry a Gerber I need to also carry a SAK. This makes the choice for me to be a Wave.<br><br>Good shopping and what is the Leatherman issue?<br>