I decided to go price and possibly buy some new tires for my car. I could go another couple thousand miles on the ones I have easily, but I figured I'd buy myself a Christmas present. Before I left the house I went to the trunk to take out the donut so they could put a real tire in there when they removed my old tires and replaced them with the new.

I know... What would've happened if I got a flat on the way to the garage?

When I tried to open the trunk I found that the key wouldn't go all the way in the lock. That didn't bode well, but I could get around it in the mean time so I popped the trunk from the latch in the car. Everything looked fine until I started rooting around and opened up the plastic box in the trunk that held a good chunk of my gear.

When all was said and done I realized that nearly all of my emergency roadside equipment was gone.

The box that held some of the equipment was still in my trunk, but it had been looted. I also found out that some of the equipment I had in the spaces behind the wheel wells and directly behind the back seat was gone. Needless to say I'm a little cheesed as I really don't have a lot of money to replace it all immediately since I need to get new tires as well.

At least I know it's gone...

Some of the stuff needed to be changed out because it had been in there so long, but dang, I really don't feel like shelling out the money for new tools. The tools I had, though old, were still in good working order.

Then later, as my anger subsided somewhat I got a little psyched about the prospect of putting another emergency kit together... I like the idea of upgrading from what was in there previously as well...

Am I sick? It's a sickness right?

Edited by Nicodemus (12/21/06 06:15 AM)